Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The department of Computer Science and Engineering offers 4 year Degree which is established in the year 2007 with intake of 60 seats in CSE. It is approved by AICTE and Affiliated to JNTUA, Anantapur. In 2011 post graduate programe (M.Tech) in Computer Science & Engineering is introduced with an intake 18 seats. An additional intake of 6 seats was incorporated in 2013, total intake of M.tech program reaches to 24 seats. The course is flexible and has been structured to meet the evolving needs of the IT industry. Since the Management of this college includes the highly educated persons, it understands the value of the latest applications. The goal is to see that every student complete his/her B.Tech Degree in 4 years and go out of the college with one or two appointment orders in his /her hand so that they can earn some experience which help them to grow as employees or to turn as employers by taking up some entrepreneurial steps.
The department has qualified and experienced faculty members facilitate the students to enhance knowledge & skills in the academic given by JNTUA as well as co-curricular activities.
The CSE department has aesthetically designed Computer laboratories accommodating 600 Computer Systems. All laboratories are air conditioned with projectors, a power backup of 60KVA UPS and 125 KVA DG set to help uninterrupted functioning of the laboratories.
To be a Center for Academic Excellence in Computer Science and Engineering Education, Research and Consultancy Contributing Effectively to meet Industrial and Societal needs.
M1: To Impart quality technical education with global standards.
M2: To Provide a platform for harnessing Industry oriented technical skills with inter - disciplinary research awareness.
M3: To Promote entrepreneurship and leadership qualities imbibed with professional ethics.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Apply Software Engineering Principles and Practices to provide software solutions.
PSO2: Design and Develop Network and Mobile based applications.
PSO3: Design innovative algorithms and develop effective code for business applications.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Graduates of the Program will have
PEO1: Strong fundamental knowledge in Computer Science & Engineering, technical competency and problem-solving skills to develop innovative solutions.
PEO2: Necessary domain knowledge and successful professional career in IT and allied fields of Computer Science & Engineering.
PEO3: Ability to pursue higher education and Entrepreneurship.
PEO4: Necessary skills for lifelong learning, teamwork and research to cater for real time needs of industry and society.
Program Outcomes (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.